Environmental modelling service for buildings
Published: 04 October, 2012
Passivent’s comprehensive facilities for environmental monitoring help the design team to ensure building services will deliver — before work starts on site. Working as part of the design team, Passivent can calculate the performance at early stages, enabling designers to produce a building that meets regulations. Passivent then produces a full dynamic thermal simulation and daylight modelling to prove compliance for Building Control sign-off.
To achieve compliance with Part L, most commercial buildings are required to have thermal modelling conducted. The Passivent service uses full computer modelling developed with software house EDSL, which can encompass all influencing factors — including time of day, time of year, number of occupants and internal heat sources to give an accurate forecast of fresh-air and light distribution, solar heat gain and CO2 levels.
The service has been used by Honda for a new showroom, and achieved an energy-demand reduction of over 80%, a ‘Very good’ BREEAM rating and a ‘good to best’ sustainability rating.For more information on this story, click here: Oct 2012, 168
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show