S&P launches thermal wheels
Published: 04 October, 2012
S&P has launched a range of energy-recovery wheels that can be supplied complete with frame and on-board controls or as a stand-alone rotor for OEMs. These thermal wheels have a honeycomb heat-exchange surface to maximise surface area. A special hygroscopic coating provides enhanced humidity control. Heat-recover rates often exceed 85%, depending on conditions.
The rotor is of the Rotormatrix design, comprising a layer of flat aluminium or steel alongside a corrugated layer to create small air channels that enable efficiency and pressure drop to be adjusted and optimised.
Rotors come in widths of 200 and 250 mm as standard, with diameters from 260 to 5000 mm. They can be supplied with anti-corrosive coatings and anti-bacterial coating. Rotor housings can be made to meet specific needs.
For maximum efficiency, rotors have specially designed frequency controllers for rapid response to changing conditions.For more information on this story, click here: Oct 2012, 173
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show