Hanoi hotel entrusts its drinking water to Hanovia UK treatment
Published: 01 November, 2012
Hanovia’s UV technology is disinfecting drinking water for a 5-star hotel in Vietnam. The system in the Crowne Plaza Groups flagship 5-star West Hanoi hotel removes potentially harmful micro-organisms from the incoming city water supply in line with World Health Organisation Guidelines for drinking-water quality. All Hanovia UV systems are designed to achieve a minimum 99.9% reduction in E.coli, Cryptospiridium, Giardia and other harmful micro-organisms.
Ynig Xu, Hanovia’s Asia Pacific manager, explains, ‘Although Hanoi’s city water supply is normally free of E.coli, the design consultant for the Crowne Plaza specified UK disinfection for its 5-star hotels in Vietnam to ensure all water meets the WHO’s drinking-water quality guidelines. In this way, the hotel group is providing an extra level of health and safety for its residents.’
10 UV systems have been installed in the West Hanoi hotel. They have flow rates from 5 to 162 m3/h. One unit disinfects water for the restaurant. The other nine serve hotel bedrooms, apartment complexes and offices.
Al the UV systems treat water from a storage tank that has passed through a water softener and sand filter.For more information on this story, click here: Nov 2012, 127
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show