Single unit combines heat pump and boiler
Published: 01 November, 2012
The ProCon Streamline Hybrid from MHG Heating combines an air-to-water heat pump and a gas-fired condensing boiler — complete with an integrated control system. It can be combined with a solar-thermal system at any time. Streamline Hybrid units automatically selects the most economical energy source or energy mix and can adjust the bivalence point to optimise heat-pump operation and energy saving.
The heat pump modulates from 3.5 to 10.2 kW, and the boiler modulates from 7.7 to 26 kW.
These units are designed for upgrading existing gas-fired heating systems and incorporate hydraulic decoupling of both heat generators, so there is no need to change the existing system hydraulics.
Units are fully assembled for ease of installation and require only two refrigerant lines to the outdoor unit.
The entire unit has a 36-month warranty, with 60 months for the heat exchanger.For more information on this story, click here: November 2012, 104
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show