Fike serves up fire detection for Costa
Published: 06 August, 2014
Some of Costa’s newest UK outlets are protected by Fike’s TwinFlexPro intelligent 2-wire fire-alarm systems. They range from full-size branches to small kiosks. All the systems were supplied, tested and commissioned by Commfire. They were installed by Zero Electrical Design on behalf of Cordery Build, the main shopfitting contractor.
Paul Seager, managing director of Commfire, said, ’We offered TwinFlexPro to Zero Electrical Design as an alternative solution for the Costa projects, citing its advanced features and cost saving due to its unique technology and ease of installation. It has become the first choice for many of Costa’s new builds.’
The system incorporates the Multipoint combined smoke and heat detector with built-in sounder, which enables the whole system to be installed using only one pair of wires per zone. There are seven modes of detection.
A typical Costa shop has 12 to 16 devices installed on a 2- or 4-zone control panel. Most detectors are left on their default smoke setting. Devices monitoring areas that are prone to false alarms, such as the main sales counter and back-of-house preparation, are set for heat detection.
TwinFlexPro can distinguish between detectors and call points. It can accommodate up to 32 devices per zone and has a separate fault-monitoring display for each zone.For more information on this story, click here: Aug 2014, 123
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show