Cast-iron boilers perform to modern standards
Published: 15 October, 2005
Hamworthy Heating’s Purewell VariHeat range of boilers has been designed as a direct replacement for traditional cast-iron atmospheric boilers. These boilers occupy the same space as their predecessors, but have 50% higher output, exceptional seasonal efficiency and exceed the Building Regulations coming into effect in April 2006.
These cast-iron condensing boilers have fully modulating pre-mix gas-fired burners.
The cast-iron heat exchanger has a down-firing pre-mix burner. A secondary heat exchanger at the base of the boiler maximises heat recovery from flue gases.
Efficiency at full load is 104% net, rising to 108% at part load.
Five models provide outputs from 70 to 180 kW.
VariHeat boilers can be installed individually or in a multiple installation with up to six boilers on a single flue header.
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show