Major refurb for Grade 2 listed building in Chelsea
Published: 05 August, 2015
M&E-engineering consultancy hurleypalmerflatt has completed work on 195-197 King’s Road in Chelsea for Martins Properties (Chelsea). This 1200 m2 Grade 2 listed building in the Cheyne conservation area has been entirely refurbished. The project comprises a ground-floor and basement retail area and six luxury single-bedroom apartments.
Services in the apartments include high-efficiency heating and cooling by air-source heat pumps, mechanical ventilation with heat recovery and metered cold-water supplies via a boosted cold-water tank and pump in the basement. Hot-water supplies are provided by unvented electric storage cylinders.
Other building services include LED lighting, new power distribution, fire detection, and security and access alarm systems.
Originally licensed in 1810 to the Six Bells public house, the retail space is now home to The Ivy Chelsea Garden restaurant.
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show