BEG takes control of LED lighting for freight services company
Published: 03 December, 2015
The energy-efficiency capabilities of LED lighting in the new 1800 m2 facility of Southampton Freight Services (SFS) are maximised by a control system devised by BEG. The new facility includes two warehouses. One is fully racked for bonded storage, and the other is designed to accommodate the fast-moving ‘in-transit’ operation.
Following a comprehensive site survey, a lighting-control strategy was devised that would deliver the correct amount of light for the requirements of the various spaces, ensuring that lights were on only when required and not being used inefficiently or unnecessarily. Available daylight was taken into account.
Luxomat PD2 sensors are used in the office areas and meeting rooms as these areas require an occupancy detector that can also measure light levels varying according to available daylight.
Sensors are positioned near the desk areas so as to be able to pick up the small movements of a person sitting at a computer terminal.
Luminaires are controlled in groups, so that, for example, luminaires near windows can be switched off if the light level goes above the threshold selected.In bathroom areas, stairwells and general workspace, Luxomat PD3 motion detects are used, as there is not need for daylight appraisal.In the main warehouse and racking areas, Luxomat PD4 sensors are used for their 24 m range, compared with 10 m for the PD3 sensors. PD4 sensors were mounted at heights of 8 to 10 m, and can be used at heights of up to 14 m.For more information on this story, click here: Dec 2015, 124
- 07 - 09 March, 2017Ecobuild
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show