Alpha installs its own boiler in head office
Published: 01 April, 2016
Alpha Heating Innovation has installed its own AREA Tec commercial system in its Nepicar House head office to replace old cast-iron boilers. The 200 kW boiler was installed complete with safety kit and plate heat exchanger.
Nepicar House is owned by Alpha and comprises a converted and modernised 18th-century manor house with modern attached 2-storey office extensions. The original part of the building has been converted to offices and modernised on a number of occasions.
Alpha occupies part of the two office extensions along with Offset Group and Cygnet Healthcare. The manor house is occupied by Unity Media.
Justin Jearum of Alpha Heating Innovation explains, ‘With the old system being 20 years old, it was extremely inefficient, particularly for such a large space where a variety of different needs needed to be met. In addition, as the building’s owner, we needed to ensure that those that occupy the building, including our own employees, are provided with a comfortable working environment.’
The modular design of the boiler meant there was no need for a back-up boiler, enabling a single boiler to replace the original two. Gas savings of over 20% are expected.
The boiler is controlled by Alpha’s BM8 zone manager. The safety kit ensures that the boiler pressures are kept within specific tolerances, withe the use of high- and low-pressure switches. An additional overheat sensor adds to the high level of safety.For more information on this story, click here: April 2016 134
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show