Lighting Industry Association opens new laboratory facilities
Published: 01 April, 2016
This new 1160 m2 laboratory building of the Lighting Industry Association (LIA) at Telford is described as ‘the largest facility of its type in Europe’. It houses the latest state-of-the-art testing equipment — creating a UK-wide national testing asset for the whole lighting industry.
This substantial investment was funded in part by the Government Regional Growth Fund. Along with the financial investment and that of the new technology , the LIA will also be investing in key experts to ensure the industry continues to receive outstanding service, whilst encouraging those new to the industry to grow and develop
The LIA laboratories are the UK’s largest independent ISO 17025 test laboratory dedicated to lighting and an ISO 17065 (product certification) National Certification Body. Over 60 highly skilled staff will be based there within the next two years.
The facility is built for the future and can provide the testing the industry expects and requires to ensure products are compliant in the UK and abroad. The laboratories are also equipped with a variety of certification schemes to help strengthen products in the market.
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show