Hire company swings into action when school boilers fail
Published: 19 February, 2006
Within 24 hours of Watkins Hire receiving a call from the consultant to a school suffering from boiler failure, a mobile solution delivering 350 kW had been delivered and made operational.
St Joan of Arc School is a primary school with 377 pupils. Following discussion with a Watkins Hire technical sales engineer, the solution put together comprised a 300 kW mobile packaged boiler plant with pressurisation set and circulating pumps, and integral 2400 litre bunded fuel tanks. 120 kW plate heat exchanger for DHW and 144 m of flow and return pipework. This Heatgen unit was selected from one of the company’s fleet of 350 mobile boiler plants.
The Heatgen and its associated plant was delivered the day after the initial call, using the company’s own transport and a 12 t HIAB crane.
Installation comprised connecting flow and return pipework, water and electrical supply. The equipment was then commissioned and handed over to the school.
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show