Palestra Building air-conditioned by Ability fan-coil units
Published: 21 May, 2006
Air conditioning for this unusual-looking building on Broad Street opposite Southwark underground station in London includes 750 fan-coil units made by Ability Projects. These 4-pipe Titan horizontal chassis-type FCUs are supplied with chilled water and LPHW from chiller and boiler plant in the roof-top plant room.
The Palestra Building designed by Alsop Architects offers 28 000 m2 of high-grade office accommodation. M&E contractor was Skanska Rashleigh Weatherfoil.
The Titan fan-coil units are located in the ceiling voids on each of the 11 open-plan office floors and retail area on the ground floor. Cooling capacities range from 1 to 6 kW. The units are fitted with 2-port valves and free-issue Invensys controls. Other customised features include 22 mm condensate tails and flying electrical leads. All units were subject to in-house acoustic test and were selected for their ability to suit an NR35 environment at 50 Pa.
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show