M&E consultancy wins HSBC green award for start-ups
Published: 16 December, 2007
Red Engineering Design’s innovative approach to M&E design has won the practice first prize in the green award category of the 2007 HSBC Start-up Stars Awards. The company was selected from over 1200 entries for its innovative approach to minimising the environmental impact of buildings and helping end clients reduce their carbon footprint.
Huw Morgan, head of business banking at HSBC, says, ‘Red Engineering Design is an inspiring example of a start-up business committed to preserving our environment and protecting our future.’ The company was set up early in 2005.
Bob Ward, managing director of Red, explains, ‘Designing practical ways to make buildings much more environmentally responsible has been at the heart of Red’s mission from the start. This award is proof-positive of the value of our philosophy, as well as a hugely welcome recognition of the great strides our highly talented and committed team has made in such a short space of time.’
Red has offices in London, Oxford, Dubai and Manila. Projects range from luxury hotels to data centres and from supermarkets to the world’s third largest mosque. Its philosophy is that the proper application of professional expertise can produce simple, better alternatives to off-the-shelf mechanical and electrical systems — resulting in buildings that have less environmental impact, are easier to maintain and less expensive to run.
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show