Surge-protection devices meet new requirements
Published: 11 December, 2008
Finder’s 7P Series of surge-protection devices has been developed to comply with ‘BS-EN62305: Protection against lightning’. They also provide protection against surges caused by short circuits and contact switching in electrical systems.
Replaceable varistors are used. They are Type 2 arresters for single- and 3-phase electrical systems.
All four versions in the 7P Series provide visual and remote signalling of varistor status, giving a clear indication when replacement is needed.
The new BS-EN fundamentally changed the way the UK addresses lightning protection for buildings and makes the assessment of the associated risks and their mitigation a statutory requirement. Virtually all elements of a building’s structure, its electrical services and the electrical equipment within it must be considered for the risk aspects association with the potential for lighting strikes.For more information on this story, click here: Dec 08, 184
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show