No extra protection is needed for Flex 7 switch drops
Published: 11 December, 2008
Flex Connectors now offers plug-in low-voltage switch units for lighting that eliminate the need for switch drops to have supplementary mechanical protection or a residual-current device, as required by the 17th Edition of the Wiring Regulations.
Flex 7 switch units have a 12 V a.c. PELV (Protective Extra Low Voltage) rated switch connector.
The supply for the switch drop is derived from an isolating transformer and is also isolated from the luminaire ballasts.
There are two types of unit. One is an on/off switch pack for latching or retractive switches. There is also a dimming switch pack for retractive switches; it is available in 0 to 10 V, DSI or DALI versions.For more information on this story, click here: Dec 08, 175
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show