Samsung air conditioners combine aesthetic and operational features
Published: 10 September, 2009
Samsung’s Vivace and Neo Forte wall-mounted air-conditioning units are compatible with the company’s RAC single-split systems. FJM multi-splits and DVM Plus III (VRF) systems. Cooling capacities range from 2.2 to 7.1 kW
Features of these units are their aesthetics, a sleep cycle for residential and hotel applications and air treatment to deactivate bacteria and unpleasant odours.
Vivace units have a flat smoked mirror finish, and Neo Forte units have a clean front panel with silver accent line.
The ‘good sleep’ feature is based on research at Krea’s Bukyung National University which showed that appropriate changes in temperature produce an optimal night’s rest and achieve economical heating and cooling. The controller gradually reduces the room temperature during the first stage of sleep and then raises it slightly for the sound-sleep stage. The temperature is raised again in readiness for waking.
Multiple filters capture and deactivate bacteria and odours. Heat-exchanger fins are triple-coated with Samsung’s Silver Nano system to remove condensation efficiently.
Vivace also generates active hydrogen atoms and oxygen ions to protect against harmful particles and airborne viruses.
These units can be used with 3-pipe heat-recovery systems from the DVM Plus III range.For more information on this story, click here: Sep 09,174
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show