Published: 23 April, 2004
The short version:
In over ten years, Modern Building Services have never sold their mailing list, nor supplied it to any third party. We do not intend to start.
As a non-marketing subscriber, beyond sending you a copy of the print or digital magazine, we will only use your details to contact you under the following circumstances:
1) To periodically ask to ensure you would like to continue with your subscription, and although we'd prefer you to say "Yes!" we will take no for an answer.
2) We sometimes produce limited run special supplements, and we will ask you if you would like a free copy if we think you might be interested.
3) To let you know we will be attending industry events and ask if you would like to visit us there.
That's it. We won't spam you and we won't sell your details to third parties to spam you.
The long, legal version.
Personal information is collected by Portico Publishing. The registered office is Suite 6, First Floor, Southgate House, St George’s Way, Stevenage, SG1 1HG and registered number 4977256
We collect personally identifiable information about you (your “Data”) through:
· the use of enquiry and registration forms
· the provision of your details to us either online or offline.
The elements of your Data that we collect may include:
· Job title
· Company name
· Company address, phone and fax number
· Home address and phone number
· Mobile telephone number
· E-mail address
· Payment details such as credit card information
· Market research data such as readership patterns
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We use your Data for purposes which may include:
· providing our users with a personalised service
· processing orders, registrations and enquiries
· conducting market research surveys
· running competitions
· Providing you with information about products and services we offer (providing you agree to receive such information)
· sharing your Data with third party organisations who offer products or services which we feel may be of interest to you (providing you agree to receive such information)
If you wish to receive information about Portico products or services or from other carefully selected organisations about products or services they offer, please indicate your preferences using the consent boxes when providing us with your Data.
We may also disclose your information to business partners and to third party suppliers we engage to provide services which involve processing data on our behalf, successors in title to our business or in accordance with a properly executed court order or otherwise required to do so by law.
We may also use information in aggregate form (so that no individual user is identified):
· to build up marketing profiles
· to aid strategic development
· to manage our relationship with advertisers
· to audit usage of the site
Transfer of Data
The Internet is a global environment. Using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing our sites and communicating electronically with us you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way. By agreeing to our transfer of your Data to third party organisations for them to send you details of products and services offered (as detailed above) you are deemed to provide your consent to any transfer of your Data to organisations based outside the European Economic Area.
User Access and Control of Data
If you wish to amend any of the Data which we hold about you or update your marketing preferences, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax : +44 (0)1438 759007 / Tel: +44 (0)1438 759000. Calls made to these numbers may be recorded for training and quality control purposes.
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, you may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting the Privacy Officer at email@example.com or writing to:
St George’s Way
We may charge the statutory allowable fee for provision of this information.
Children Under 14
We do not intentionally collect any information on children under 14 years of age. We will undertake to delete any details of such users where a parent or guardian has notified us that any such details have been obtained.
Changes to this Policy