Smith’s fan convectors provide effective heating for North Yorkshire community hall
Published: 04 August, 2010
When old and efficient gas-fired heaters in Kirkbymoorside War Memorial Hall stopped working altogether, they were replaced with six Caspian fan convectors from Smith’s Environmental Products. The hall houses indoor markets, theatrical performances, bingo, dance classes and other evening events. It is the focal point of the community in this North Yorkshire market town.
The hall’s management committee contacted Mark Simpson Plumbing & Heating to find a more efficient way of heating the hall. The Caspian units were supplied by local merchant Danby’s of Scarborough.
According to research carried out by BSRIA, fan convectors are the quickest and most effective way of bringing a room up to temperature — being 24% more energy efficient than standard radiators.For more information on this story, click here: August 2010, 139
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show