Simple lamp retrofit halves lighting running costs
Published: 10 November, 2010
The lighting energy consumption of the Bridgnorth plant of Novelis, a leading manufacturer of rolled aluminium, has been halved following the installation of Venture Lighting’s Uni-Form Pulse Start 200 W lamps into existing low-bay luminaires. This saving is being achieved in the first phase of the project, and the company is now looking to relamp the rest of the facility.
An initial trial of six Venture conversion kits to replace existing 400 W mercury lamps showed an improved colour temperature, with reduced colour shift and faster warm-up times. Installation in the remaining 2537 m2 manufacturing area followed. Novelis has reported a reduction of over £6500 in running costs in this area, with a payback of six months.
Daniel Clues, Novelis’s continuous improvement manager, comments, ‘We have found the upgrade kits very easy to install using or own in-house electricians, as the unit is supplied as a “all-in-one”, consisting of ballast, ignitors and power-factor capacitor. We are delighted with the results in relation to light levels, reduction in maintenance costs and energy savings achieved. We are already in the process of concerting another area of the building with the Venture kits.’For more information on this story, click here: Nov 2010, 126
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show