Enterprising energy savings
Published: 09 May, 2012
An energy saving lighting scheme supplied by Riegens has been used at Enterprise Rent-a-car offices as a pilot scheme in the north-west of England. The scheme has been so successful that the company have chosen the system for retro-fit in existing branches as well as using in any new-build developments within the NW region.
The original lighting installation at the three northern offices utilised mainly 1200mm x 600 mm louvered recessed fittings with 4 x 36 W lamps which were expensive to run. Following energy surveys at the three sites, Riegens’ recessed Capro 600 x 600 mm fittings with just one 40 W lamp were chosen to deliver the required lighting solution and reduce energy by 50-60%.
With each of the pilot sites using metered circuits before and after installation of the new lighting system, it has been proved that the energy savings are even better than originally estimated. Riegens have also modified the Capro fitting for surface mounting within particular offices that contain solid ceilings and where the recessed luminaire can’t be used to provide a uniform overall lighting scheme.
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show