Heat-pump hot-water cylinders
Published: 05 July, 2012
Dimplex’s EC-Eau range of heat-pump hot-water cylinders offer mains-pressure hot water with low running costs, reliable hot water and ‘fantastic’ flow rates for a wide range of domestic and light-commercial installations. These heat-pump cylinders offer the same efficiencies as the rest of the EC-Eau range.
They are available with capacities from 125 to 300 l and specifically sized to match the requirements of Dimplex heat pumps for optimal performance — although the cylinders are suitable for use with a wide range of heat pumps.
For applications where space is limited, the range includes heat-pump cylinders with integrated buffer tanks. They are available with capacities from 125 to 210 l, all with a buffer capacity of 75 l.
A corrugated heat exchanger has a large surface area to maximise the transfer of heat from renewable energy to the stored water.
To minimise heat loss, these cylinders are insulated with 60 mm of foam injected insulation that is free of voids — including the insulation around immersion heaters and thermostats — and exceeds CHESS ’best practice’ standards for standing heat losses.
Recessed immersions and thermostats reduce energy wastage. Hot water is drawn off from the side, rather than the top, to minimise heat losses from the top of the cylinder.
All models include an immersion heater for high-temperature sterilising and back-up heating.For more information on this story, click here: July 2012, 101
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show