LG’s tablet-like air-conditioning controller
Published: 05 June, 2014
LG Air Conditioning’s tablet-like AC Smart Premium controller can control up to 128 devices — including air conditioners, heat-recovery ventilation systems and air-handling units. The home screen of this 25 cm touch controller shows the current state of the system including how many units are running and how many are not running. It also shows what scheduled events are due that day and at what times — and if a unit is faulty.
Initial setup of this controller and subsequent changes can be carried out by the installer and the facilities-management team, without having to call in an outside consultant.
Schedules can be set up for years ahead, taking into account bank holidays and seasonal differences. The schedule can be easily altered for special events. The program can be backed up onto a USB memory stick.
When connected to the Internet, the AC Smart Premium can be monitored and controlled from a remote computer, the view being just the same. An automated e-mail can be sent in the event of a fault.For more information on this story, click here: June 2014, 81
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show