Adcock launches R22 awareness campaign
Published: 05 June, 2014
Adcock Refrigeration & Air Conditioning has launched a campaign to highlight an issue of refrigerant legislation that could affect over half of commercial properties in the UK. It concerns the complete phase out of R22, which has a small ozone-depletion potential, after the end of 2014, so it will be illegal to use it for topping up and maintaining air-conditioning equipment.
The ‘R22 be aware’ campaign aims to make those who own, lease or manage commercial properties with air-conditioning or refrigeration systems aware of how the important changes to legislation might affect them.
Commercial director Paul Brant explains, ‘Legislation change took place back in 2009. However, with such a vast range of commercial properties still using R22, it is clear that operators are either not aware of the legislation or they do not understand how this may affect them from the beginning of next year.
‘We would urge people to take a look at our web site and download the “Essential guide to R22” in order to fully understand why they need to take some form of action.’
Adcock offers a free site survey to any operators who may be affected by this issue and can offer a variety of solutions from modification to replacement. The company also has a financial scheme to help operators spread the cost of any replacement systems for up to five years, minimising the effect on cash flow.
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show