Lochinvar integrates solar and fossil-fuel water heating
Published: 01 April, 2015
Lochinvar’s EcoCharger hybrid range of water heaters is a closely integrated combination of solar thermal and conventional gas-fired water heating that minimises the use of fossil fuel and achieves efficiencies of 96% (gross) and low NOx emissions (Class 5).
The HWH and HWHC hybrid units work with Lochinvar’s LSP20+ flat-plate collectors. All models have built-in solar control to maximise the use of solar energy. The gas burner only fires if solar energy cannot keep up with hot -water demand.
HWH models work with pre-heat storage vessels with storage capacities from 300 to 2850 l. There are seven models, with hot-water recovery from 540 to 2100 l/h.
HWHC models (pictured) have an internal coil, so there is no need for a separate pre-heat storage vessel, saving space in the plant room. They are particularly suitable for solar installations up to 8 m2. There are two models with hot-water recovery of 740 and 1100 l/h.
Options include a BMS interface and solar remote display.For more information on this story, click here: April 2015, 103
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show