Airedale and Barkell deliver cooling solution for ACC Liverpool
Published: 03 June, 2015
Airedale and AHU manufacturer Barkell worked with the M&E contractor to design and engineer an energy-efficient and resilient cooling solution for the latest addition to ACC Liverpool, currently home to BT Convention Centre and Echo Arena.
The solution comprises 17 combined air-handling and refrigeration units installed on the roof. There are also five air-handling units.
The units feature a variation of Airedale’s Enviropack cooling-heat-pump system. Enviropack is an integral packaged unit that removes the need for external chillers, dry cooler or condensers.
The single-circuit or dual-circuit packs can have one or two compressors per circuit to provide up to four stages of cooling control to maximise part-load efficiency.
Thermal wheels achieve at least 65% efficiency in both summer and winter operation.
The units also incorporate electronic expansion valves to improve EER by up to 30% compared with standard thermostatic expansion valves.
All assembly work and testing was carried out before despatch from the plant.For more information on this story, click here: June 2015, 83
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show