Free cooling for split air conditioning
Published: 07 October, 2015
Hitachi has brought free cooling to the split air-conditioning market with its Econofresh system. It can use outside air to provide free cooling when the temperature of the outdoor air is lower than that of the indoor air, enabling the compressor of the air-conditioning unit to be stopped.
Econofresh can be connected to ducted RPI units from 10 to 14 kW. The inverter compressor controls the motor speed, while Econofresh’s Economiser control modulates the damper positions to achieve an accurate set room temperature. It is also possible to regulate by enthalpy (total energy) using the supplied sensor.
Steve Robinson, UK business-development manager for Hitachi Air Conditioning Europe SAS, says, ‘Case studies using Econofresh have demonstrated up to 50% energy savings, delivering a return on investment in less than two years.’For more information on this story, click here: October 2015, 104
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show