Advance Appliances updates thermal store
Published: 05 January, 2016
Advance Appliances has updated its SFUTS multi-fuel thermal store by fitting and pre-wiring two electronic timers to it. The first timer is for the boiler to avoid overnight firing. The second is for the wood-burner input, with the timer turning off the pump on this circuit so that all the captured heat is kept in the store and not recirculated through the wood burner.
Advance suggests that installers can save at least three days on an installation by using a SFUTS thermal store. It takes away the thinking and design time. It removes the need to specify and buy components as they are fitted. And at the installation stage, the flow and return connections for the wood burner, boiler and central heating are made straight to connections on the tank. The only wiring needed is for the heating programmer and boiler live connections.
This stainless-steel unit has three A-rated pumps for integrating oil or gas boilers with solid-fuel appliances for mains pressure hot water and sealed central heating. There is a coil for solar thermal and two immersion heaters.
This thermal store operates as a sealed system. There are three levels of safety, the last of which is a mechanical thermal valve that will operate during power cuts.
The store is guaranteed for 10 years, and the fitted components are guaranteed for two years.For more information on this story, click here: January 2016, 83
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show