Flow-limiting valves help maintain low system temperatures
Published: 05 January, 2016
The PT40 range of radiator control valves from SAV Systems helps to reduce energy waste in heat networks by ensuring that radiator systems are well balanced. These TRV sets are presettable to a flow-rate limit at each radiator, in line with the CIBSE ‘Heat networks code of practice’, eliminating the need for traditional balancing.
Built-in differential-pressure control ensures that flow rates are not affected by pressure fluctuations in the system, and there is no need for a radiator to act as a system bypass. This ensures that one radiator does not deprive differential pressure required elsewhere in the system and that low system temperatures are maintained.
Less water circulates through the system, so the performance of the heating-circuit pump is optimised, saving even more energy.
The PT40 range includes right-angle and straight valve sets There is a choice of threaded steel and copper connections. Valves can be supplied with remote sensors, adjusters and tamperproof options if required.
The system can be flushed with the valves in place.For more information on this story, click here: January 2016, 104
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show