Siemens PICVs are selected on flow
Published: 05 January, 2016
The only information needed to the size of Siemens Acvatix PICV (pressure-independent control valve) is the required flow through it, saving time for the specifier. These valves automatically shield against pressure fluctuations in a network to maintain a constant flow. The are available in sizes from 15 to 150 mm (a 50 mm size is pictured).
These valves enable a building to be commissioned in sections and for late changes in the design to be more easily incorporated. It is also possible to shut down sections of an HVAC system, a feature that suits these valves to refurbishment projects.
Because the control of Acvatix valves is independent of differential pressure, they ensure more accurate temperature control. The return temperatures remain at the correct level under all operating conditions, ensuring high efficiency in the generation of heating and cooling energy.For more information on this story, click here: January 2016, 102
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show