Danfoss integrates control for hydronic systems
Published: 04 February, 2016
Danfoss describes its Hero flushing bypass manifold as a time-, cost- and space-saving solution that features all the main components needed to install, flush, balance, control and maintain terminal units in HVAC system with variable flow. A cost analysis by the company showed that Hero can achieve a 23% saving in time and cost during installation compared with an option assembled on site.
Hero devices are supplied as pre-assembled and pressure-tested connection sets for terminal units such as fan-coil units and chilled beams.
A Hero assembly comprises a bypass H piece, AB-QM pressure-independent control valve (PICV) shut-off valves, strainer with integrated drain and a measuring station. Once installed, Hero creates optimal hydronic balance and simplifies system flushing to the BSRIA BG29/2012 recommendations. It also enables water flow to be measured to detect problems such as blockages in the system.
Selecting the right Hero for a project is based on the flow rate and is made quick and easy using Danfoss’s design-flow calculator.
Hero can be matched with a wide range of actuators — from simple on-off products to the high-accuracy Danfoss NovoCon digital actuator with BMS connectivity.For more information on this story, click here: February 2016, 105
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show