Mikrofill updates the services for care home
Published: 03 March, 2016
To protect the reliability of LPHW and HWS systems in a care home in Sheffield, Mikrofill supplied gas-fired condensing boilers for a localised plantroom and Extreme 300 l loading cylinders to meet the hot-water demand in each bungalow.
Run by Sheffield Health & Social Care Trust, Forest Close is a 60-bed unit divided into four bungalows that provide 24-hour inpatient care to support people with severe and enduring mental-health problems. The aim is to help people achieve their optimum level of recovery in a collaborative and flexible way.
A feasibility study prepared by building-services consultants A&P Dynamic Design of Sheffield identified that the existing LPHW and HWS systems, including controls, were at the end of their lifecycle. The decision was made to implement a new strategy and improve the efficiency of these circuits.
The Extreme cylinders maximise condensing performance from the primary plant and can produce over 2500 l/h of hot water at 60°C.
The equipment was installed by G. W. Dawes & Son of Sheffield.For more information on this story, click here: March 2016, 115
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show