Powrmatic radiant heaters protect advanced paints
Published: 03 March, 2016
Powrmatic has supplied two radiant U-tube heaters to provide effective temperature control for the warehouse of Keim Mineral Paints in Telford. These natural, water-born silicate paints produce a micro-porous coating that is waterproof while allowing the substrate to ‘breathe’. Given the complex formulation of the paints, environmental conditions in the warehouse are critical to maintaining product quality.
Despite good thermal insulation, warehouse temperatures could fall dramatically in cold winters, and portable heaters had been used to maintain acceptable temperatures for staff and products.
Keim’s managing director David Pratt explained, ‘Keeping temperatures about 0°C is critical for mineral paints, as once they have frozen they are unusable.
The gas-fired radiant heaters have been installed at high level to provide direct heating of key areas of the warehouse. They were specified and installed by Lindon Heating & Cooling.For more information on this story, click here: March 2016, 100
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show