Heating costs under control
Published: 01 April, 2016
Reznor’s SmartCom intelligent energy-management controller is compatible with radiant-tube, warm-air and many other types of heating system. It is straightforward and easy to use and has a wide range of energy-optimising features.
SmartCom incorporates self-adapting optimised start up. It also enables heating to be networked across multiple zones so that varying work patterns and operational temperatures in the same building can be taken into account — adding to the system’s energy-saving capability.
Programming is carried out by following intuitive on-screen instructions without the need for a manual.
The scope of SmartCom ranges from installations with a single heater to large multi-zone applications requiring centralised control.
Control options include ventilation-only operation, 7-day programming, three on-off periods a day, holiday and overtime mode.
Password protection prevents tampering.
SmartCom is compatible with building-management systems. Units have an over-ride facility that enables the BMS to control any number of SmartCom units.For more information on this story, click here: Aptil 2016, 85
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show