SAV contributes to energy efficiency of housing regeneration
Published: 01 April, 2016
SAVís LoadTracker CHP (combined heat and power) units and Danfoss FlatStation heat-interface units have been specified for the Aylesbury Site 7 development of 162 apartments, part of a phased regeneration of the Aylesbury Estate in the London Borough of Southwark. The apartments will be served from an energy centre, which will house the two LoadTracker XRGi 20 modulating CHP units.
Site 7 will be known as Harvard Gardens when completed. There will be two new urban blocks, surrounded by apartments and terraces of houses.
The LoadTracker units will play a key role in the sustainability objectives of the Aylesbury Estate masterplan by generating low-carbon electricity and serving a district-heating network. The ability of the LoadTrackers to track electrical demand and modulate accordingly will maximise run times for the CHP to optimise efficiency.
In addition, the FlatStation HIUs will help maximise the efficiency of the heating system by maintaining low return-water temperatures.
The equipment was specified by consulting engineers XCO2 Energy.For more information on this story, click here: April 2016, 81
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show