Trane chillers use HFO
Published: 02 June, 2016
Trane’s Sentesis eXcellent range of air-cooled chillers use HFO R1234ze as the refrigerant, which has a GWP of less than one when used in this design. These chillers offer capacities from 500 to 1260 kW. Applications include data centres, hospitals, and large office buildings.
The eXcellent range uses an efficient design of heat exchanger. Energy-saving options include partial and total free cooling.
Net ESEER values of 5.71 can be achieved, and net EER values of 3.88.
These chillers use less refrigerant than traditional tube/fin and flooded-heat exchanger technology due to the micro-channel condenser coil and compact integrated low-charge evaporator designFor more information on this story, click here: June 2016, 85
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show