Internal evaporative coolers are easy to retro-fit
Published: 06 July, 2016
EcoCooling has developed a range of internal evaporative coolers for data centres that do not want to have plant and equipment on the outside of their building. They achieve a CoP (coefficient of performance) of 60 and a PUE (power usage effectiveness) of less than 1.2.
Existing data centres are likely to benefit most from ECT units because they can be readily retro-fitted to reduce energy consumption. A key point is that they do not require ductwork.
The ECT range is made in the UK. The design has been derived from a specification given by a major telecommunications server in the UK, which wanted the savings associated with evaporative cooing but needed internal units that were secure, easy to maintain and be installed quickly on a large scale.
A single metal box contains the evaporative cooling element, control system, supply fan and recirculation damper. Over 900 units have been installed in telephone exchanges throughout the UK.For more information on this story, click here: July 2016, 89
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show