Lochinvar goes Aloft to meet peak DHW demand
Published: 06 July, 2016
Lochinvar has supplied three EcoShield high-efficiency water heaters as part of the refurbishment of one of Liverpool’s most iconic buildings to create the Aloft Hotel. The Grade 2 listed Royal Insurance Building had been disused for over 20 years; The original neo-baroque building dates back to 1896.
The outcome of the project is an ultra-modern hotel in an iconic and historic shell that retains many of its original features.
There are 116 ‘loft-like’ rooms. All are equipped with walk-in showers, which at peak times place considerable demand on the hot-water supply. Lochinvar worked closely with Liverpool-based contractor HE Simm to select equipment to meet the needs.
The three EcoShield water heaters can supply up to 6000 l/h of hot water. Each heater can store 425 l, and their fast-recovery performance means they can respond quickly at times of heavy demand.
Their compact size for their output was a key consideration. Condensing technology reduces energy costs, and the burner can modulate down to 20% of full output.For more information on this story, click here: July 2016, 86
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show