Beckhoff opens technical training centre
Published: 03 August, 2016
Beckhoff Automation has opened the doors of its new technical training centre and offers an extensive range of courses for controls engineers interested in learning about its innovative approach to BEMS and controls. The Beckhoff Technical Centre in Huntingdon offers industry professional world-class training and application-development courses in the second week of each month, which can be booked online.
The training centre has over 280 m2 of floor space with a built-in automation display area that includes lighting, heating and energy monitoring controlled by Beckhoff. There is a dedicated training laboratory and in-house workshop area for customer application and machine development.
The wide range of courses includes the following.
• IEC61131-3 TwinCAT2/3 PLC programming
• PLC maintenance
• TwinCAT PLC HVAC and lighting software library training
• BACnet: basics of BACnet communication
• Integration of .NET and C++ programming;
• programming with energy standards in mind
• building to IoT connectivity
Delegates will be able to improve their understanding of lighting for buildings, converged building controls, BS EN 15232, PC-based control for building automation and the Internet of Things.
Karl Walker, market development manager, says, ‘Our aim is to help engineers use controls effectively to optimise the operational efficiency of their buildings. The Beckhoff Technical Centre has therefore been designed with engineers in mind and offers innovative training for those who want to improve their skills in building automation systems.’
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show