Elco delivers network heating for luxury apartments
Published: 06 October, 2016
Residents of luxury apartments at The Franklin in Bournville, Birmingham have their heating and hot water provided by Nexus Futura IS heat interface units (HIUs) from Elco Heating Solutions. 79 HIUs have been installed as part of a network heating systems. They are connected to three Elco R603 floor-standing boilers in a centralised plant room.
These HIUs are located in dedicated utility areas in each apartment and deliver instantaneous hot water via a plate heat exchange with heat transfer up to 41 kW.
The boilers have a gross seasonal efficiency of 95.8% and NOx emissions of less than 35 mg/kWh, which easily exceeds the requirements for the best BREEAM score.
The Franklin scheme was the former headquarters of Cadbury’s. It comprises a combination of studio accommodation and luxury apartments with one and two bedrooms. There is also a gym for residents, luxury lobby and covered parking.
Many of the building’s original features have been incorporated, including the office roof lights, which have been used to create internal courtyards in the four penthouse apartments.For more information on this story, click here: October 2016, 86
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show