Grundfos can the can
Published: 06 October, 2016
When a leading UK manufacturer of beverage cans wanted to investigate the potential for saving energy on its installed pumps systems, it approached Grundfos to undertake an energy check. It focused on the washing lines, and a comprehensive report was produced, as a result of which a number of pumps were replaced.
The order included 14 MTR vertical multi-stage centrifugal pumps designed for pumping cooling lubricants for machine tools, condensate transfer and similar applications.
Energy savings of £53 000 a year will be achieved, with a return on investment of just 18 months. Annual energy savings of 590 MWh a year were predicted, so the company also installed new pumps on its second wash line.For more information on this story, click here: October 2016, 84
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show