Kingspan pipe insulation gets Green Guide rating
Published: 06 October, 2016
Kingspan Kooltherm FM pipe insulation has been evaluated under the BRE’s Green Guide ratings table and methodology for pipe insulation. This new approach has been designed to provide a more accurate assessment of the environmental impact of pipe insulation in-situ. The FM pipe-insulation system received the highest summary ratings of A and A+.
The new methodology means pipe insulation can no longer be assessed against the Green Guide ratings table for flat-board insulation as manufacturers chose not to supply data to the BRE. As a result, the only route to obtain a Green Guide rating for man-made mineral-fibre pipe insulation is to apply for a specific project rating, a process which is time consuming and for which results are based on assumptions rather than data.
Kingspan Industrial Insulation commissioned BRE Global to carry out environmental profiling and certification of FM pipe insulation. As part of the assessment, all FM pipe insulation products faced with the theatre-black vapour barrier jacket received a summary rating of A+.
The high emissivity jacket can reduce the risk of condensation forming compared with silver facings, making it well suited to cold and chilled applications.
A technical bulletin with further details about the new ratings is now available on the Kingspan Industrial Insulation website.
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show