Viega press connections reveal their integrity
Published: 06 October, 2016
Viega press fittings are now available in the UK with SC-Contur technology for pipe connections from 12 to 108 mm. SC-Contur technology provides a flowpath within the fitting that leaks slightly if the fitting is inadvertently unpressed. Water will visibly escape from unpressed connections when the system pressure is between 1 and 6.5 bar. For dry testing with inert gas, a measurable drop in pressure will occur between 22 mbar and 3 bar.
SC-Contur also allows leakage testing to be carried out centrally using a manometer, provided the fittings are installed throughout the pipework system.
SC-Contur is included on a wide range of Viega product lines — including Profipress, Sanpress, Prestabo and Megapress. Connections that feature the technology are colour coded for quick and simple identification and verification on site. to ensure consistency across the installation.
Viega offers solutions for copper, steel, stainless steel and plastic. Its press connections are designed with a double pressing, before and after the compression, to ensure a permanent seal that resists torsion and longitudinal forces.For more information on this story, click here: October 2016, 81
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show