Daikin serves up discreet comfort for Leon restaurant
Published: 01 December, 2016
All that is visible of the Daikin VRV IV i-series air-conditioning installation outside the Leon Restaurant in Fenchurch Street, London, is a discreet grille. The condensing unit that would normally be outside is inside the building and rejects the heat through a short run of duct.
This was the first installation of such a system by M&E contractor Synecore, which has provided HVAC design and installation for Leon sites for several years.
The heat exchanger [outdoor unit], shown as an inset in the photograph] is integrated into the ceiling, with an outside vent. The V-shaped heat exchanger and high-performance fan combination offer higher air flow and static pressure than a standard unit installed outside. The compact compressor element can be installed indoors in, for example, an office, storage room, kitchen or plant room.
Gary Piper, HVAC manager with Synecore, said, ‘To be able to install such a discreet and highly efficient air-conditioning system will hugely benefit many high-street retails across the UK — particularly in London where sourcing outside space for a condenser can be challenging.
‘Daikin’s strapline for the product is, “Keep looking, you’ll never find me,” which is entirely appropriate.’For more information on this story, click here: Dec 2016, 135
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show