SolarPV helps achieve BREEAM ‘Excellent’
Published: 01 December, 2016
Bournemouth University’s new Fusion Building includes a solar photo-voltaic array of 95 kW comprising 267 SunPower modules of 345 W each. The system was designed and installed by Photon Energy and also includes SMA 3-phase inverters. The solarPV installation is one of a number of measures that has enabled the building to achieve a BREEAM ‘Excellent’ rating.
The innovative architectural design of the building faced Photon Energy with an ‘interesting engineering challenge’.
The installation is expected to generate 102 MWh a year and reduce annual CO2 emissions by 53 t. Performance is monitored online by the university via SMA’s ‘Sunny portal’. This portal is accessible vie the university’s intranet to provide remote access at any time.
The Fusion Building is a glass-fronted zinc-clad building. It has a striking glass dome in the roof and contains 27 seminar rooms, three lecture theatres, research space and a 24-station PC laboratory.For more information on this story, click here: Dec 2016, 125
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show