Smith’s addresses limescale issues
Published: 01 December, 2016
The OneStop water-conditioning product from Smith’s is designed to tackle the problem of limescale that affects 16 million homes in the UK, particularly in England and Wales. OneStop conditions mains water at the point it enters the home, preventing scale deposits and working on removing existing limescale.
It uses a process called template assisted crystallisation (TAC) to change hardness minerals from their ionic form to a harmless crystalline form. In this very stable form, scale does not attach to pipes, appliances and fixture surfaces. The crystals are so small that they are readily rinsed away by the normal flow of water.
The mineral tank is small and guaranteed for 10 years.
The cartridge requires replacing about every 18 months, for example during a boiler service.
OneStop retails for £329.99, including VAT. A replacement cartridge is £169.99, including VAT.For more information on this story, click here: December 2016, 81
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show