Micronics flowmeter is invaluable for proving pump performance
Published: 04 January, 2017
NM Total Engineered Solutions, which specialises in process equipment packages, regularly uses a Micronics Portaflow 330 flow meter to carry out hydraulic testing of various pump types to prove their performance by testing flow and pressure. Because customers ask for pipework to be set up exactly as it is on site, there is no possibility of adding anything in line — such as a positive displacement meter.
The Portaflow 330 is non-intrusive and can be strapped onto the outside of pipes without having to cut into them. It therefore lends itself to evaluating conditions on site and at various NW Total test rigs.
It makes possible more accurate testing of pumps and systems. It also enables NW Total’s applications engineer Matthew Groves to extend this to site conditions.
Significant savings can be achieved by accurately assessing a pump’s flow rate before it is replaced, ensuring that the replacement pump is fit for purpose and accurately sized.For more information on this story, click here: January 2017, 128
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show