HIU delivers fast hot-water response
Published: 02 February, 2017
Evinox’s ModuSat heat interface unit takes around 15 seconds to reach 55°C from the tap opening, providing an impressive dynamic response. PID control logic, in combination with PICVs and a fast-acting actuator, modulates the primary flow rate to match the demand for hot water or heating demand, with very rapid response to changing loads.
Not only is hot water delivered quickly, but the system is more efficient because the fast control guarantees a low return temperature to the primary network at all times.
Fairheat, a UK heat-network consultancy, has developed a technical standard for testing HIU performance. It is derived from the Swedish F:103-7e certification, but modified to better fit typical UK heat-network operating parameters. The project was funded by DECC.
The ModuSat HIU was included in the first phase of tests and performed well within the technical specification set out by Fairheat. Improvements were subsequently made to ensure a high-speed DHW response to give it a high performance in the Fairheat test method version 2.For more information on this story, click here: February 2017, 84
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show