Panasonicís new VRF air-conditioning system
Published: 02 February, 2017
Panasonicís ECOi EX series of VRF air-conditioning systems includes three sizes of single outdoor units from 8 to 20 hp that can be combined up to a total of 80 hp. There is a host of energy-efficient features.
For example, the heat exchanger has three joined surfaces that increase its capacity and efficiency.
The redesigned bell mouth also increases efficiency. The new curved shape and integrated top and bottom components ensure a smooth exhaust flow, providing a much greater air volume at the same sound level and requiring less power input for the same air volume.
Inverter-driven compressors also provide soft starting to reduce power consumption.
The total piping length from one outdoor unit can be up to 1000 m.
There is a 2-step intelligent oil-management system. Sensors on each compressor monitor the precise oil levels to allow an oil recovery of up to 90%.
Sensors on indoor units adjust the output when the area is not occupied.
The Panasonic AC Smart Cloud enables control to be centralised using a tablet, smart phone or computer to manage and schedule heating and cooling activities across entire networks of commercial buildings at unit level.For more information on this story, click here: Feb 2017, 166
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show