Online animation highlights potential of heat pumps for commercial buildings
Published: 02 February, 2017
An animation from Mitsubishi Electric highlights how commercial premises can benefit from renewable heating using heat pumps to help reduce energy bills and qualify for 20 years of Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) payments. Heat pumps are recognised by the EU and UK governments as renewable because they maximise the amount of heating for the electricity used.
The short animation focuses on two heat-pump products in the Ecodan range. They are the packaged monobloc CAHV air-source system (up to 688 kW) and the CRHV ground- or water-source solution (up to 960 kW). Both will connect to radiators or underfloor heating and can work independently or with other heating systems.
Graham Temple, marketing manager for Ecodan commercial heating system, says, ‘We’ve used a school in the animation, but the principles also apply to almost any commercial-building owner who wants to reduce energy bills and receive RHI payments.’
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show