BESA publishes HIU standard
Published: 02 February, 2017
The Building Engineering Services Association has published the UK’s first test standard for heat interface units (HIUs). It is regarded as an important step towards improving the overall performance of district-heating schemes in the UK and has been adopted from a test regime developed by energy consultant FairHeat.
The initial test regime was developed by FairHeat in partnership with Martin Crane of Carbon Alternatives. It was adapted from a well established Swedish methodology to suit typical UK operating conditions as part of a research project funded by the Department of Energy & Climate Change (DECC).
This initial test regime has now been adopted as a technical standard by BESA and will be used to compare manufacturers’ products and equipment types to help network designers evaluate the performance of individual HIUs against their design parameters. It will also be used to create a comprehensive database and improve the industry’s knowledge of HIU performance to better inform future network designed.
This technical specification can be downloaded.
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show